Search This Blog

Wednesday, 5 February 2014

When desperate in the past, my original eczema problems were managed/subdued by cortisone treatments at times when most needed but this for me, like many others, has resulted in complete ineffectiveness and in fact quite the reverse - a worsening of the problem with extra ones on top!!!

Then I came across the ITSAN website http://www.itsan.org/ which has information on topical steroid issues, addiction and withdrawal and the many people who are also dealing with this extremely challenging and painful condition. Following the links I found more and more people who were experiencing the same skin and body breakdown as me. This has been a life saver to know I am not alone and there is something that can be done to help our bodies recover, even though it can be an excruciating process.

I'm going to keep track of how my body and skin fares with the withdrawal to these too easily prescribed easy fixers (topical steroids) for myself and anybody else it might help. I know that reading and seeing how it has impacted on others lives is how I realised that this is what is happening to me and there IS a way to get past it. Here's to a better future!!

Good Luck,

Caroline

WEEK 1.  6/02/2014

Pictures below are after stopping cortisone cream.  I was already sore but now the inflammation is increasing and my eyes have been so sore and itchy.  My skin is extremely sore, hot, tight and weeping. The rest of my body is hive ridden and itchy, particularly at night, with next to no sleep.   Boohoo, sore, sorry me..



Week 1                                                                  6/02/2014

Week 1                                                                  6/12/2014

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you've started up your own blog. Good luck with this Caroline, it does get better with time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny,
    You were my inspiration!
    Might take me awhile to understand how to navigate all of this (re blogging process) but will give it a shot.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline, welcome to blog land. I will add you to my blog roll of TSW blogs. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise,
    Thanks for all your great info on your blog. I reread your post about apple cider vinegar and was heartened to know that it may well help with preventing or reducing infection and also aid in the healing process.
    Hope things are going well for you and am happy to know I am not alone in my experience.
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete